Patient care with compassion
Our mission is to provide comprehensive care to our patients in a courteous, efficient and compassionate manner.
COMPREHENSIVE CARE & COMPASSION
Quality care, comfort and convenience
Our mission is to provide comprehensive care to our patients in a courteous, efficient and compassionate manner. If you are already scheduled to visit Saratoga Schenectady Gastroenterology Associates we recommend you take a look at the Office Forms section of our website to help you prepare for your appointment. If you do not have a visit planned, we invite you to come see us soon.
“Dr. Cornish was wonderful. He was kind and confident. He even called me the next day at 7 a.m. to reassure me.”
Everything you need TO KNOW
We understand the sensitive nature of GI illness and digestive disorders and provide our services in a warm, safe, accessible setting which enhances your privacy, comfort and satisfaction. Endoscopy means directly visualizing your digestive tract with a video camera. This allows your physician to see the area being studied such as the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum. We perform several types of procedures including diagnostic and therapeutic upper endoscopies and colonoscopies.
- A colonoscopy lets your doctor examine the lining of your large intestine or colon for abnormalities
- A flexible sigmoidoscopy lets your doctor examine the lining of the your rectum and part of your large intestine or colon.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, or ERCP, is an outpatient procedure performed primarily to identify a problem in the bile ducts or pancreas.
Barrx ablation for Barretts Esophagus
- Barrx ablation is a very specific intervention done during an upper endoscopy that lets your doctor treat Barrett’s esophagus
- An upper endoscopy lets your doctor examine the lining of your upper gastrointestinal tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach and duodenum.
- Capsule endoscopy, commonly known as “pillcam”, is a outpatient diagnostic test that allows the doctor to examine the entire small bowel.
- An endoscopic ultrasound, EUS, is an outpatient procedure used to closely examine the tissues in the digestive tract.
pH/Impedance with manometry
- Quantify the amount of acid reflux you are having as well as to evaluate how well your esophagus’ motility (muscle contractions) work.
FOR CURRENT PATIENTS
Your Next Visit
Our practice is designed to provide gastrointestinal procedural and health care excellence in a personalized, comfortable and state-of-the-art facility.
We now offer automated courtesy calls to remind you of upcoming appointments
Resource of patient forms you might need to fill out and bring with you for your procedure
Meet Your Doctors
I went in for an endoscopy and was absolutely terrified because I have a huge fear of needles. The nurses, anesthesiologist and Dr G were absolutely wonderful. quite possibly the best experience I've had at a doctors office. The nursing staff was extremely kind and got everything right on the 1st try. Kudos to them.
The facility is beautiful and everyone is friendly and professional. Nathan (RN) was excellent starting my IV and making sure I was warm and comfortable. The procedure team greeted me and explained everything. Dr. Malamood is the very best! I will not hesitate to use this facility again. I feel lucky to have access to such a skilled and friendly medical team!