We are Patient Centered.
Now serving 41 Counties in Upstate New York.
The IBD Center offers state of the art care in the Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. The Center includes:
- An expanding concept of a Medical Home for IBD. We take responsibility for the comprehensive and complete care of the IBD patient. Our goals are to care of your infusion needs, vaccination requirements, smoking cessation, access to emotional support needs, resolution of all precertification needs, iron and anemia treatments
- Each patient has a specialized IBD Nurse Care Manager or Navigator with whom you communicate as often as needed with direct access lines and short response times
- The Center participates in National Quality Improvement Initiatives such as The IBD QORUS of the Crohn’s And Colitis Foundation
- The IBD Center and practice participate in cutting edge research protocols
- Care is delivered in a dedicated building with 11 infusion chairs, with dedicated exclusive parking and easy access
- All endoscopic procedures are done on the same campus in a brand new state of the art Ambulatory Endoscopy Center
Our Infusion Center Highlights
Serving NY State
- We now serve 41 counties in New York State.
- We are recognized as one of the largest community IBD centers in the Northeast.
IBD Qorus Members
- We are part of the IBD Qorus. This is a national collaborative sponsored by the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation for the improvement of quality care in the United States.
Lowest Hospitalization Rates
- Our utilization of problematic drugs such as steroids and narcotics are among the lowest in the country. Our hospitalization rates and surgery rates are among the lowest in the country.
- We are actively recruiting patients for clinical trials.
Individualized Personal Care
- We believe in the concepts of shared decision making and individualized personalized care.
Nurse Care Managers
- We have active nurse care managers to assist in your problems issues and health care needs.
All-Inclusive Medical Home
- Our practice is developing and modeling itself on the concept of an all-inclusive medical home.
- INJECTAFER - Iron supplement that helps replenish the body’s iron stores that have inadequate response to oral iron supplement in iron deficient patients.
- REMICADE (INFLIXIMAB) - Biologic therapy for moderate to severe Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis.
- RENFLEXIS - Biosimilar therapy for moderate to severe Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. Biosimilar therapy is product that is deemed highly similar to an already approved biologic (Remicade/Infliximab). These products are confirmed through various tests and clinical research.
- INFLECTRA - Biosimilar therapy for moderate to severe Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. Biosimilar therapy is product that is deemed highly similar to an already approved biologic (Remicade/Infliximab). These products are confirmed through various tests and clinical research.
- Entyvio (VEDOLIZUMAB) - A newer biologic therapy for adults with moderate to severe Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis who have had inadequate response to conventional therapy.
- STELARA (USTEKINUMAB) - Biologic therapy for treatment of moderate to severe Crohn’s disease.
Cutting-edge clinical research trials for patients with gastrointestinal & liver disorders
Saratoga Schenectady Gastroenterology Associates is a center where clinical research is currently being performed.
Our research team consists of full-time staff of trained and certified clinical research coordinators who are supervised by our Board Certified physicians.
Our practice focuses our research on clinical drug trials to test safety and efficacy of new drugs being developed to currently treat inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). We plan to branch out into other gastrointestinal disorders like, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Constipation, Diarrhea, and much more.
Our research facilities are designed to ensure the accuracy of data collection and to maintain an extensive patient database for future clinical trials. All studies are FDA approved and monitored, and all protocols and guidelines are followed by the staff.
For more information about on-going research protocols: 518-831-1500 (extension 1314)
We are presently conducting research on:
- Crohn’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Ulcerative Colitis (UC)