Patients of the Saratoga Schenectady Endoscopy Center, L.L.C. seeking treatment at the ambulatory surgery center have the responsibility to:
- Behave in a responsible manner and observe all center rules and regulations.
- Treat staff and other patients with courtesy and respect.
- Be considerate of other patients’ rights to confidential care.
- Provide to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, medications and other pertinent facts relating to your health status. A patient is responsible for making it known whether you clearly comprehend a contemplated course of action and what is expected of you.
- Follow the treatment plan prescribed by your provider and participate in your care.
- Participate in the decision-making involved in your procedure and follow-up care. This includes being honest on the recovery process and answering questions honestly at discharge, so patients are not discharged prematurely.
- Discuss with the medical staff any problems or obstacles that may affect your ability to return home for recovery.
- Be responsible for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow instructions.
- Pay for care on a timely basis after receiving a bill for payment from the Surgery Center.
- Make suggestions about improving Center operations. Ask questions about any aspect of your care and treatment plan.
- Participate in the post-procedure telephone survey and patient survey to assist in maintaining high quality care at the Center.
- Provide a responsible adult to transport you home from the Center and remain with them for 24 hours.